OpenBook Software converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic text format on your PC, reading it aloud with quality speech and the latest in accurate optical character recognition (OCR). OpenBook utilizes both Nuance OmniPage and ABBYY FineReader OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available.
Use OpenBook to read books, magazines, and bills. OpenBook identifies columns and places them in logical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaker voices.
The low vision features of OpenBook allow you to tailor the appearance of text on your screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors. A Split View option allows for easy comparison of the original document and the results of OCR conversion. Masking and Word Spotlighting features synchronize with the text being read, making it easy to follow the screen position during reading.
- Highlight important passages of a document for later reference
- Insert your own comments in a document
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Export to other applications like Microsoft Word or Notepad
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Built-in Braille support
- Built-in photocopy functionality
- Supports Windows 10