Products are available for sale in Washington, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming.
OpenBook is Freedom Scientific’s OCR (optical character recognition) scanning and reading software. You can use OpenBook, along with the ONYX Portable HD and the GEM software that came with the unit, to capture, scan, and read documents.
- Continuous Magnification: 1.9x to 141x (when used with a 22-inch monitor)
- Easy to use, lightweight, and portable: only weighs 4.3 lbs.
- Three-in-one flexible camera with distance, document, and self views:
- In distance view, objects from across large rooms or auditoriums can be seen in sharp focus
- Document view gives you the ability to magnify items such as reading materials, daily business tasks, classroom assignments, product labels, and craft projects
- With self view, you get a magnified close-up mirror image
- Automatically remembers your last working settings in every view
- Read what you want, where you want, with camera rotation in all three directions
- Work in split screen and save images on your PC when using the included GEM® Software
- Scan-and-read capabilities provide editable text when used with OpenBook
- Optional XY table for a smooth, gliding motion while you read
- Carrying case included for easy portability
- 33 color modes including high-contrast, true-color, and grayscale
- Freeze Frame allows you to freeze the image on the screen for close inspection of small objects or to keep your place
- Focus Lock to keep the camera focused on the paper while writing
- Adjustable Reading Lines, Masks, and Shades
- Find feature to quickly zoom out to find your place and then zoom back in
- Save images directly to an SD card