JAWS, Job Access With Speech, is the world's most popular screen reader developed for computer users whose vision loss prevents them from seeing screen content or navigating with a mouse. JAWS enables users to use a computer by providing speech and Braille output for computer applications on your PC and enables individuals to use a computer independently.
Your purchase of JAWS includes free technical support and all same-version updates. To ensure the ability to use your computer with the continuous updates of Windows, Office®, your browser, and other applications, it is essential to purchase a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA). Purchasing an SMA with JAWS is the most cost-effective way to ensure you are protected now and, in the future, as it includes the next two versions of JAWS. This constitutes at 50% savings over the standard cost of purchasing upgrades.
Additional options for JAWS Professional include Multi-user, Enterprise, and District licenses, as well as features like Remote Access, which allows you to establish remote sessions from your computer to terminal servers using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp® and XenDesktop®. To learn more, or for customized pricing options for your organization, contact us at 877.551.6658.
JAWS Professional is intended for use by organizations and end-users for any purpose – whether commercial, educational, or personal. JAWS runs on all versions of the Windows® operating system.
To use JAWS for Windows, you need a personal computer running Microsoft® Windows® with the following:
- Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows Server® 2016, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008
- Minimum 1.5 GHz processor
- 4 GB recommended (64-bit)
2 GB recommended (32-bit)
- 20 MB to 690 MB required per voice for installing Vocalizer Expressive, Vocalizer Direct, or RealSpeak Solo Direct voices (file sizes will vary depending on the voice installed)
- A display adapter capable of at least 800 x 600 screen resolution with 16-bit color (1024 x 768 screen resolution with 32-bit color recommended)
- Windows compatible sound card (for speech)